Rules and Regulations
General Membership Information and Responsibilities
1. A lifeguard must be on duty and the pool officially open before any user is allowed in the water.
2. Members, lessees, and guests agree to save harmless the Cape St. Claire Swim Club, the Board of Governors, the management company and its employees from any and all liabilities and/or action of any person resulting from the use of the swimming pool or pool grounds.
3. The Rules, Regulations, and Bylaws are established by the Anne Arundel County Health Department, the Board of Governors of Cape St. Claire Swim Club, and the CSCSC membership.
4. The Board of Governors of Cape St. Claire Swim Club reserves the right to change the rules and regulations without prior notice to members/lessees.
5. All persons using the pool agree to abide by the regulations listed and any additional rules posted and administered by the Manager/Staff. They further agree to accept the penalties for infraction of those rules and regulations.
6. For address verification purposes, a government issued ID will be required for anyone that is 18 or older as of May 1st of the current year, prior to issuing a membership card.
7. Access to the pool may be used only by the person(s) named on the membership account. MEMBERSHIP ACCESS IS NOT TRANSFERABLE. Proof of identity may be requested by the pool manager/designee before admittance to the Swim Club. MISUSE OF MEMBERSHIP MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF CLUB PRIVILEGES INCLUDING FORFEITURE OF BOND OR LEASE.
8. When entering the Swim Club, members/lessees must check-in at the gate either by giving their name(s) to the guard at the gate or by signing in the log if no guard is present.
9. Babysitter cards can be purchased at any time via the member’s online account. Refer to the “Schedule of Fees” posted on the web site for more information.
1. Each membership will be limited to 5 guests per day, except in conjunction with a scheduled party. Each guest and/or occurrence will constitute one use and guest fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Current guest fees are listed under “Schedule of Fees” on the pool’s web site. Guests who are foster children, or under 2 years of age, or are senior citizens (ages 60+) are FREE.
2. Pool Board of Governors are allocated two free guests credits per day.
3. Guests must be signed in at the gate by the member/lessee who must remain with the guest at all times. When the member/lessee leaves, the guest must also leave.
4. Qualified family members 12 years of age and older are permitted to sponsor guests who are 12 years old and older. A qualified family member under 12 years of age may sponsor guests only if they are the child’s grandparents.
5. Club members/lessees will be held responsible for all actions of their guests. The cost of any property damage by a guest or member/lessee will be charged to the member/lessee.
6. Members/lessees may purchase guest cards by CHECK from the lifeguards or online through your member account. A guest card has 7 passes on it. Checks should be made out to CSCSC, Inc. NO CASH IS ACCEPTED BY THE GUARDS. Please refer to the “Schedule of Fees” for the current price of a guest card.
- The pool may be closed at any time due to mechanical breakdowns, operations difficulties, inclement weather, special Club events, or other appropriate circumstances.
- Proper bathing attire is required. Street shoes are not permitted beyond the red line.
- All radios must be kept at a low volume.
- No abusive/profane language or breach of peace will be tolerated. Members/lessees are expected to demonstrate age appropriate behavior while on pool grounds. The use of profane language will result in immediate ejection from the pool by Management.
5. Wheeled vehicles, bicycles, motorbikes, skateboards and rollerblades are not permitted on the pool deck at any time. They should be parked in designated areas.
6. Baby strollers are not permitted beyond the red line.
7. No glass of any kind is permitted on Swim Club grounds. All trash must be disposed of in a trash container.
8. Alcoholic beverages may be used with discretion and in accordance with state laws.
9. Chairs are permitted behind the red lines only.
10. NO SMOKING on the grounds of the Swim Club, including the parking lot.
11. Reserving chairs, lounges, tables, etc. is not permitted. Pool staff will begin straightening furniture 15 minutes before the end of the last swim period.
12. Adult swim will be called every hour between 12:45pm and 6:45pm. Adult swim is provided for swimmers 16 years of age and older.
13. Parents are responsible for the safety and behavior of their children when using the pool facilities.
14. Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by and supervised by a member/lessee or designated babysitter 13 years of age or older who is present at all times. If the child is in the main pool, the guardian must be in immediate attendance. The child’s guardian is responsible for the child’s conduct.
15. All members and guests acting as day care providers and/or babysitters must comply with all CSCSC rules as well as Anne Arundel County licensing regulations applicable to swimming activities.
16. Swim Team practices are scheduled outside of normal pool operation hours (except as provided in Article VI, Sec. 4 of the Bylaws). Only swim team members may enter the pool enclosure during swim team practice unaccompanied. Children not on the Swim Team may observe practices from the picnic area. The baby pool is available only during normal pool hours.
17. The cost of any property damage will be charged to the responsible party.
18. Neither the Club nor the pool management company will be responsible for loss of or damage to any personal property of any kind.
19. Lost and Found items will be discarded regularly throughout the season.
20. No one is permitted within the pool gates when the gates are locked.
· VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN SUPSPENSION OR EXPULSION OF MEMBERSHIP/LEASE
· See Article IX of Bylaws
21. Any party, whether club sponsored or private, except Swim Team activities, should be arranged through the pool management company. If a guard wishes to be hired out privately they can do so, but off club property.
1. All persons must shower before entering the pool.
2. Only toilet-trained children 2 years or older are allowed in the main pool. If there is an “accident” (human feces, blood, or vomit) in the main or baby pool, the pool must be closed in accordance with Health Department Regulations.
3. Chewing gum is not permitted in the pool area at any time.
4. Food is not allowed inside the red line on the main pool deck or inside the blue line in the baby pool enclosure.
5. Expectorating, nose blowing, spouting of water, eliminating body wastes, and any other unhygienic acts into the pool are prohibited.
6. Admission shall be refused to all persons having open sores or wounds.
7. No pets are permitted on Club grounds.
1. This pool is intended for the use and enjoyment of younger children (6 years old and under) and their parents. Running, pushing, wrestling or undue disturbance will not be tolerated. Older children who act inappropriately or jeopardize the safety of infants and toddlers will be permanently ejected from this area. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. All children 6 years old and under must be accompanied and supervised by a member or designated babysitter 13 years of age or older who is to be present at all times.
3. Parents MUST watch or arrange for the supervision of their children in the baby pool, as no lifeguard is posted in this area.
4. Children who are not toilet trained will be permitted in the baby pool but MUST wear swim diapers. NO cloth diapers or disposable diapers/training pants are permitted under any circumstances.
General Safety Rules
1. Running, pushing, wrestling, or causing undue disturbances will not be permitted on the Swim Club grounds or in the pool.
2. Children under 16, unable to demonstrate to the lifeguards their ability to pass the basic swimming test, are not permitted beyond the 4 foot marker unless they are within arm’s length of a responsible adult and that adult has obtained permission from the lifeguards Such permission will not extend to the diving board or diving well. Lifeguards will maintain a list of all who pass the swim test.
3. Non-swimmers who are children must be accompanied in the water by an adult and must be closely supervised at all times.
4. Only swimmers who have passed the swim test are allowed to use the diving board. To pass, a person must swim 50 yards (2 lengths of the pool) in no more than two minutes without resting on the walls or touching the bottom and then tread water for one minute. A person can only take the test once per day. All others not taking the test must remain behind the red line. Guards have the final say on all aspects of the test.
5. Only one person is allowed on the diving board at a time. No diving until the previous diver has resurfaced and has cleared the area. Only one bounce is permitted. Children are NOT allowed to jump to another swimmer off the diving board. No floatation devices are allowed while jumping from the board. No diving or jumping toward the walls will be permitted.
6. In the diving well, general swimming/game playing is permitted only when the diving board is not in use.
7. All personal injuries, however slight, must be reported to the Manager.
8. Swim masks, goggles, swim fins, snorkels, and noodles are permitted at the discretion of the lifeguards and management.
9. The use of flotation equipment, other than U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets, will not be permitted except during adult swim. During adult swim, members may use flotation devices that do not interfere with other swimmers.
1. The pool grounds will be open from 11:00am to 9:00pm daily, weather permitting, from Saturday of Memorial Day week-end through Labor Day.
2. Swim hours are 11:15am to 8:45pm. Hours of operation may be adjusted in late August due to guard availability.
3. The pool will be closed during inclement weather at the discretion of the Manager or Management Company with notification and approval by a Board Member.
4. The pool may be closed for maintenance or for reasons involving health and safety as determined by Pool Management. When the need for such an action can be foreseen, advance notice will be posted as conditions permit.
5. The pool office phone (410-757-2800) will be available for emergency use only.
1. Reservations requests must be submitted to the Social Chair 14 days prior to the event, and all paperwork, the cleanup deposit, and guest fees must accompany the reservation.
2. Information and forms are available on the website under “Party Information”.
1. Failure to adhere to Cape St. Claire Swim Club rules may result in a loss of pool privileges.
2. There will be a charge for any returned checks (refer to “Schedule of Fees” on the web site.)
All requests and/or suggestions for changes in these rules and regulations may be presented in writing by any CSCSC member in good standing to any member of the Board of Governors of the Cape St. Claire Swim Club.